Until she was elected to the Upper House in November 2014, Harriet was a Lawyer and has previously worked as a senior policy adviser, lawyer and industrial relations specialist in the Victorian private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
An experienced negotiator and advocate, Harriet has worked extensively in industrial relations, employment and discrimination law and dispute resolution at State and Federal levels and served as a trustee director on the board of industry superannuation fund Vision Super.
As a Labor Member for Eastern Victoria Region Harriet is particularly committed to identifying and enhancing opportunities that will enable communities throughout the entire region to thrive. Harriet has lived in Morwell with a very lazy ex-racing greyhound and whippet, during the previous term of Government, however has now moved to the other end of the electorate, where she grew up. This gives Harriet a unique insight into the vast differences of the many communities that make up the Eastern Victoria Region.
- Elected MLC for Eastern Victoria November 2014
- Parliamentary Secretary for Emergency Services July 2016 – December 2018
- Parliamentary Secretary for Mental Health December 2018-December 2020
- Parliamentary Secretary for Equality since December 2018
- Parliamentary Secretary for Creative Industries since December 2018
- Parliamentary Secretary for Water since December 2020